NIMAS Education has a mission to achieve its objectives and perform its duties in workplace ethically and professionally, quicker and more effectively. Staff Policy is developed as its guiding principles to preserve its long tradition of integrity and credibility with the public and within the company. This policy applies to all staffs recruited by the company.
Office Working Conditions:
- Office hour for Morning Shift is 6.00 am to 3.00 pm and Day Shift is 9.00 am to 6.00 pm.
- There will be 26 working days in a month.
- Generally, Office will be open from Sunday to Friday.
- Saturday is generally public holiday but sometimes it is also considered office day if Management decides.
- Staffs should wear formal dress as it is prescribed by company.
- The staffs must arrive office sharp at 9.00 am and leaves at 6.00 pm.
- The staffs must do attendance between 8.55 am to 9.05 am.
- The attendance will be considered late and half day salary will be deducted if the staffs do attendance after 9.05 am.
- It will be considered full day leave if the staffs do attendance late more than 3 times a week.
- If finger print attendance is not working, attendance should be taken manually in register.
- If staffs miss attendance, it will be considered as leave.
- The staffs must notify leave with leave application approved by concerned authorities at least 1 day in advance.
- If staffs remain leave without written approval, it will be considered 2 day leave for each day leave. (For example, 1 day is 2 days, 2 days is 4 days and so on)
- In case of medical emergency or accidental event (For example, death, road accident etc.), staffs must inform by mobile or telephone and the staffs must approve the leave in written with the evidence in the first present day by concerned authorities.
- For longer leave, staffs must take approval from the management.
- Staffs of Contract will not get benefits of leave and salary will be deducted.
- Staffs of TE (Temporary Employee) will get 1 day leave benefits in a month. It means 12 days paid leave in a year
Holidays / Public Holidays
- Generally, Saturday is public holiday but sometimes it can be office day if office requires.
- Generally, Dashain/ Tihar are public holidays. In other public or government holidays, it is sole authority of Management. After the decision of Management can be considered whether it is holiday or not.
- In case of strikes (Nepal Bandha), office remains open unless and until Management decision.
- The company will do advertisement for vacant posts as per JD (Job Description) in national and local newspapers.
- The company appoints staffs as per company policy and procedures.
Termination or Revoke:
- Company has the sole right of terminating any staffs if the company finds unsuitable for the job.
- Company has five steps of terminating any staffs.
Step 1:Oral Warning: It will be given 3 times.
Step 2:Written Warning: It will be given 2 times.
Step 3:Letter of Suspension: It will be given for 7 days.
Step 4:Letter of Termination: It is the final decision if staffs accept terms and conditions.
Step 5:Notice Publish in National News Paper: It will be given 7 days to submit reasons why staffs should not be terminated if staffs does not accept letter of termination and remains absent in office more than 7 days. Then, the company files a case against staffs in concerned Police Office or Court of Nepal.
- The company has fully rights of accepting or rejecting any resignation from staffs.
- The company only accepts resignation from staffs if it is followed by Policy and Procedure of the company or according to contract between the company and staffs. Otherwise, the company has sole rights of rejecting resignation and takes legal action according to company policy and procedure.
- Resignation of any staffs must be notified to company 45 days in advance and all duties and responsibilities must be handed over to senior staffs in written form.
Duties and Responsibilities of Staffs:
- According to post and position, each and every staffs’ duties and responsibilities will be given in JD along with Appointment and Contract.
- The Company will provide equal rights and opportunities to all staffs. There will not any discrimination in the name of politics, race, gender and religion.
- The Company will not tolerate any kinds of exploitation of financial, sexual and any other forms.
- Staffs must maintain disciplined, professionalism, working business culture and values norms of the company.
Salary, Benefits and Bonus:
- Staffs will get salary as per contract after completing a month from 10-15 day.
- Benefits and Bonus will be provided as per contract and meeting targets given by company as mentioned in the contract.
- Dashain Bonus will be given only for TE after completing 6 months.
Use of Company Property:
Company property means hardware, software, knowledge, information or any kinds of physical or non-physical property. Non- physical property is known as intellectual property and physical property is known as infrastructure.
- Company property should use frivolously.
- Company property will be given to staffs to use for the welfare of the company.
- Staffs should be responsible to use company property to perform their duties.
- Staffs should handover to seniors as exactly as they have got while working and leaving job.
Staff Code of Conduct:
Besides staff policy, there will be separate employee code of conduct policy to perform duties and meet the targets.
If staffs have any complaint regarding their job and duties or any subordinates, they can write formal complaint letter to senior or management. It will be resolved by table talks.
Any other policy not included in the Staff Policy will be notified by separate Company Policy documents which should be implemented as policy for immediate effective.
Staff Policy Declaration
I, (Employee/Volunteer), have read, understand and agree to abide by the Staff Policy of NIMAS Education and I understand that such adherence is a condition of my employment or volunteer work. I understand that a violation of the Staff Policy may be grounds for termination as a volunteer or in the case of an employee immediate dismissal for just cause without notice or pay in lieu of notice.